Originally founded in 1939, DUVAL's has been a family owned and operated business for over 80 years.
We have been experts in creating storage solutions for commercial and industrial environments since 1962.
We were one of the original companies to become part of the Dexion Distributor network, which continues to this day.
We have supplied a vast range of customers of all sizes, including central and local government, public organisations, charities, universities and blue chip companies.
The name Duval is made up from our two founders’ names - Doug Kippen and his brother-in-law, Val Gibb.
From humble beginnings in a garage at the London family home in 1939 to a thriving family business specialising in industrial & commercial shelving and storage equipment.
In 1939, metal headlamp masks were the first products to carry the 'Duval' name, manufactured by Doug & Val at nights and over weekends.
In 1941, they diversified into manufacturing timber bunk beds for air raid shelters, but aside from this the business was put on hold due to the war.
After the war, Doug & Val invested all their capital (£90) into a compressor and paint to begin spraying London Taxis.
‘Duval Autos’ was created with the addition of a panel beater, a welder and a sprayer to the business.
The welded chair from the 50's
A decade of diversification: From stone-enamelling to creating tubular steel computer tables for IBM. During this time they also created a welded tubular steel kitchen chair that was common sight in Harrods and other good department stores.
In 1954 Duval Products Ltd was incorporated as a limited company.
Industrial products were the majority of the company’s business now; concentrating more on welded tubular steel using sub-contractors for time and upholstery.
1962 - The partnership with Dexion begins. Doug came across Dexion Speedframe which was exactly the flexible product required to expand the business.
Soon after this, more production space was required so the business moved to new premises in the Young's Brewery Stabling Yards in Wandsworth.
By 1968 the company had outgrown this space and a new factory was built next to the brewery in Wandsworth.
By 1974 the majority of sales were now Dexion products, so the stone-enamelling side of the business came to an end. At this time, Val now took the opportunity to retire.
In 1978 the second generation of the Kippen family join the business. Steve joined as Works Director and Geoff (pictured) joined as Sales Director. Soon after this, Doug retired after nearly 40 years.
Our "DUVAL FOR DEXION" sign became somewhat of a landmark to motorists on the South Circular.
Fast forward to the new century and by the end of 2010, The site in Wandsworth (along with the Young's Brewery) was acquired to be re-developed.
With this, and with the ability to serve London from slightly further afield, Duvals relocated to the edge of the M25 to Kingswood in Surrey.
We celebrated two big milestones in the 2010s;
2012 - 50 years of being a Dexion Distributor
2014 - 75 years of business (60 years as a Ltd company)
Steve Kippen (L) celebrating 50 years as a Dexion Distributor
DUVAL Products Storage Equipment Ltd
80 Brighton Road
Registered in England: 07449435
Call us: 0330 555 7088